Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Preparation

Preparing to give up my car has already posed more challenges than I anticipated. I got my bus pass, filled the tires on my bike, adjusted my schedule...and then got sick. I don't know about the rest of you, but hopping out of bed and onto a bike to get down to CVS to fill a prescription of antibiotics does not sound like a hoot to me. We made a small adjustment and pushed the Support the Ride campaign back by 10 days to start April 10th, and end on May 10th.

Anther interesting learning experience has been navigating the bus schedule! When I lived in North County San Diego, I had an easy ride on one bus from point A to point B. With my new location down in Mission Beach, I recently discovered that there are a minimum of 3 busses that need to be ridden to travel the 12 miles along the coast to my work! The bike is looking better and better all the time...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I don't know about the rest of you, but hopping out of bed and onto a bike to get down to CVS to fill a prescription of antibiotics does not sound like a hoot to me."

Isn't that kind of a slap in the face to what you are trying to do? Actually getting on your bike and riding down to the CVS would probably do your body more good than the actual medicine you went there to purchase.

/devil's advocate

Lisa said...

Touche, David.

I hear you on the overuse of antibiotics and lack of exercise as some of the factors behind our healthcare crisis. At the same time, I strongly believe that there is a time and a place for the homeopathic remedy, and a time for taking advantage of the benefits that western medicine has afforded us. In my case, this included strong medicine to prevent bronchitis from turning into pneumonia.

Thanks for the food for thought...