Monday, April 14, 2008

Day 5

I thought I was in good shape. I was wrong. Very wrong.

As I sit here tonight on the couch with an aching low back and an exertion hangover, I am humbled by what a bike ride has done to me.

I've been researching lately (for obvious reasons) about other people who don't use their cars for their commute, and it is inspiring. I read a story on the web about a couple who sold their cars to save money and gas...an inspiring testimonial about a man who used his biking to help him give up smoking, and...and finally came in contact with a woman planning to ride her bike from San Francisco to Portland with the hopes of raising money ($7,000) for the Surfrider Foundation. It's the stories, the individual motivations, and the knowledge that all the individuals doing little things to keep their cars off the road is adding up to something that mad me look forward to getting back on my bike at 6:30 tomorrow morning...

No comments: