Friday, May 9, 2008

Freaky physiology


The human body is really an amazing machine. It will do things you may have in your mind it cannot possibly do! For example, after riding my bike two full round trips to work on Monday and Tuesday, my body was exhausted and I felt I "needed" to take the bus on Wednesday morning, especially since I was signed up to teach a spinning class that evening. I packed my book into my backpack for the bus ride and rode my bike the 2 miles to the bus stop just in time to see it pull up with the bike racks already full.


Damn. I had to ride in. After a minor tantrum, my legs got down to business and carried me the remaining 10 miles, up the La Jolla Shores hill, and to safely work on time.

I was sure I was tapped out, done, beat, exhausted had reached muscular and other sorts of fatigue. Was my body telling me something here? Teaching me a lesson? Quite possibly. I would like to think that lesson is teaching me not to set limitations on what my physical “self” can and cannot do. As long as we properly care for and nourish our bodies, the limitations to our physical abilities are limited first by our mindsets…few of us are likely ever to release our mental limitations to truly see what our full physical potential may be.

No comments: